Google for Education
All Wheeler students have accounts following the format firstname.lastname@example.org with their student number followed by whs as the password (i.e., email@example.com, 12345whs). Sign in anywhere that you would normally access Google apps, such as gmail.com or drive.google.com.
- Google Classroom- get a class code from your teacher to join
- Saving Files to Google Drive (pdf)
Files are available everywhere that you have Internet
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Google Docs
- Google Form Basics
- Google Sites
Start a free website from scratch or from a template (classic), no ads or annoying emails
- Chromebook Keyboard Shortcuts - press Ctrl-Alt-? on a Chromebook to view a complete list
- Office 365 for Students
Allows each student to install Microsoft Office on up to five PCs or Macs and five mobile devices, and provides access to Microsoft Office online applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Assistance Getting Started
- The student may login at login.microsoftonline.com, using one of the following formats
and their CCSD computer login password, to use the online versions of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Full featured desktop versions of the applications may be downloaded by clicking the link near the top right of the screen from within the online version of each application, or go to portal.office.com and click the "Install now" button to download all of the apps to your computer (please be aware that these products may expire when the student is no longer enrolled in a Cobb County school)
- If you do not have access to ParentVUE contact Judy.Collins@cobbk12.org
- Adobe Creative Cloud Express Mobile graphic design app. Easily create beautiful images, videos, and web pages. Login in with your Office 365: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office 2013 Tutorials - including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and mail/email merge
- Keyboard Shortcuts for Microsoft Word
Easy hanging-indents, international characters...
CCSD Wireless Network
Employee and Student Access to CCSD Wireless
Guests Access to CCSD Wireless: Please see library staff for help.
Online Presentation Tools & Digital Maker Spaces
- Google Slides - create slide presentations, collaborate and share with others
- Google Sites - login to your Gmail account and create free websites (quick start template)
- CrosswordLabs - create a crossword puzzle from your words and clues; save and open in Word to add your own decorative elements
- Puzzlemaker Word Search - generate a word search puzzle from your list of words
- Tagxedo - create word clouds in a variety of shapes to enhance a project or presentation
- Creating Comic Strips in Google Slides - instructional video for using Google Slides to make comic strips
- Screencast-O-Matic - one-click screen capture recording on Windows or Mac computers