Here is the CCSD Magnet program website: https://www.cobbk12.org/page/38578/magnet-programs
This website will give you Magnet Timelines, Magnet Open House information as well as short videos of all the Magnet programs.
Here is the link to the Magnet Application portal where students apply: https://magnet.cobbk12.org/Login/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fValidated%2fDefault.aspx
Here are a couple of helpful tips for students and parents to remember as they work on their applications:
1. All applications should be completed entirely by the student.
2. Students should use a student Gmail or Yahoo email account. Please remember that we will not be able to contact you if there are issues with your application if you use a CCSD student email.
3. Parent and student email addresses should not be the same.
4. The portal opens/opened on October 1st and closes on December 1st at 11:59pm. No applications will be taken after this date.
5. Students should write their essays in a Word/Google Doc (or somewhere it can be saved), then copy/paste it into the portal when they are finished. If they begin the essay in the portal and stop, their essays will not be saved. This will save a lot of time and tears.
6. If you run into issues with the portal, feel free to either email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. If you have specific program questions, you should email that coordinator.