Taking Advanced Placement Exams is an important part of all AP courses and students are encouraged to take exams for their corresponding AP classes. Scoring well on the AP exam can often earn college credit for high school classes thus saving a significant amount on tuition.
2023-2024 AP Exam registration and payment will open Tuesday, September 4, 2023, at 8:00 AM and will close on Wednesday, November 8, 2023, at 4 PM. Note: Adds, drops or late registrations after the deadline will incur a non-refundable $40 fee.
For the 2023-2024 AP Exams, AP students taking exams at Pope High School will register and pay online completing the required steps identified below:
*Students must use the exact same name in both College Board and Total Registration.
- Students will for exam(s) on www.TotalRegistration.net/AP/111998. Please be sure to have a credit card or debit card available before beginning the payment process as payments may not be made directly to Pope High School. To complete registration, students must CAREFULLY answer all required questions. We know parents may wish to register/pay for exams, but we strongly recommend both parents and students are present while registering and paying to ensure the correct exams are ordered.
- Students taking an AP exam for a course taken off Pope campus must REGISTER on the AP College Board site at https://www.collegeboard.org OR using AP Classroom. Please contact Stephanie White for the Join Code to join the Exam only section.
Students with an IEP or 504 must apply for accommodations through College Board by Thursday, January 18.
AP Exam costs for 2023-2024 are as follows:
- There is a one-time, non-refundable $15 administration fee to register
- The cost of each AP exam is $98.00, per College Board
- AP Capstone Exams (AP Seminar and AP Research) are $146.00 each, per College Board
- Late Order fee is $40.00 per exam in addition to base exam fee, per College Board
- Unused/canceled Exam Fee is $40.00 per exam, per College Board
- Late Testing Fee is $40.00 per exam in addition to base exam fee, per College Board
- AP Exam Cancelation:
- exams canceled before November 15 are eligible for a full refund, except the $15 administration fee
- exams canceled after November 15 are eligible for a partial refund, $57 per canceled exam
Late Exam Administration and Fees:
The College Board has identified very specific criteria for approved late exam administration. Please note: Pope High School must act in accordance with the given criteria, and it is not a local school decision to approve a late exam for students. If a student must miss an AP exam, supporting documentation is required. Students who meet the criteria for a late AP exam administration may incur additional fees associated with the late exam administration.
Important dates for the registration process:
- Tues, Sept 4, 2023 at 8:00 AM - Registration Begins
- Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 4:00 PM - Registrations and payments after this date will incur a $40 late fee per exam.
- Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 4:00 PM - Registration Ends
- Tues, Nov 14, 2023 - Registrations not paid for will be cancelled and exams will not be ordered.
- Tues, Nov 14, 2023 - Last day to cancel an exam and receive a full refund.
- Thurs, Mar 14, 2024 - Last day to cancel an exam with a cancellation fee of $40.00.
The following AP courses are offered at Pope High School this year and are the only AP Exams to be administered.
|United States Government & Politics||Art History||Chemistry||Human Geography|
|Microeconomics||Seminar||Statistics||English Literature & Composition|
|Computer Science A||Environmental Science||Psychology||United States History|
|Macroeconomics||Calculus AB||Calculus BC||Precalculus|
|English Language & Composition||Physics C: Mechanics||World History: Modern||Computer Science Principles|
|Music Theory||Spanish Language & Culture||Biology||Physics 1: Algebra Based|
Please contact Mrs. Stephanie White, AP Coordinator, concerning registration and payment questions.