PSAT/NMSQT TESTING INFORMATION
Pope High School will be administering the PSAT/NMSQT (National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test) digitally the morning of Wednesday, October 11, 2023.
- 9th Graders: Pope High School pays the fee
- 10th Graders: The state of Georgia pays the fee
- 11th Graders: Juniors pay $18 fee to participate:
- Go to MyPaymentsPlus to make payment.
- Deadline to pay is 4:00pm Thursday, August 31st.
- No payments can be accepted after 4:00 P.M. for any reason.
This year, the PSAT/NMSQT will be administered DIGITALLY. This means students must bring their fully charged laptop and charging chord the morning of testing. For more information about the digital test and why taking the PSAT is important, click HERE.
Preparation for PSAT
- Students must download the College Board Bluebook App to their school issued laptop and familiarize themselves with the Bluebook testing application.
- Students must have their login information for their College Board account to download the Bluebook app.
- Students can practice for the digital administration of the PSAT/NMSQT/SAT using this app.
- More information about the Digital SAT Suite of Assessments (PSAT/SAT)
- In support of our School Strategic Plan, Pope will provide PSAT prep to all 9-11 graders during A.O. Tuesday, Aug. 15th through Thursday, Sept. 21st.
For an excellent discussion about the transition from the paper-pencil SAT to the digital SAT given by Dr. Jed Applerouth in June, 2023, watch “The Digital SAT is Coming: What the Class of 2025 Needs to Know”.
Juniors who do not pay the $18 fee by the deadline will participate in an alternate online PSAT practice test option.