Per communication received by all Georgia school districts on 01/05/2022 from Governor Brian Kemp and the Georgia Department of Public Health (GADPH), the following updates to Cobb Schools COVID-19 guidance go into effect immediately.
2021-2022 PUBLIC HEALTH PROTOCOLS
Cobb Schools will not continue contact tracing all suspected and confirmed COVID-19 cases. We continue to encourage families to make health decisions which are best for their families and to not send students to school sick.
- Where the point of exposure occurred in the school setting, students who are asymptomatic may immediately return to class if the parent chooses
- Where the point of exposure occurred in the school setting, students who are asymptomatic must wear a mask while on school district property for an additional seven days after exposure.
- Where the point of exposure occurred in the school setting, students who are symptomatic must follow the isolation guidance indicated below.
- Per GADPH administrative order on 01/05/2022, regardless of vaccination status or point of exposure, and if asymptomatic and wearing a mask at work, all Cobb staff will immediately return to work if exposed to COVID-19.
- Any student or staff member who tests positive for COVID-19 will be required to isolate in accordance with GADPH guidelines.
- As found in GADPH guidelines, any student or staff member who tests positive for COVID-19 will be required to wear a mask for 5 days after their return from isolation.
- Strongly encouraged but optional for students and staff
- Social distancing in classrooms and school buildings when appropriate and feasible.
- Limit large group gatherings when appropriate and feasible.
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Hand sanitizer provided in all classrooms, common areas, and school buses.
- Encourage frequent hand-washing.
- Daily cleaning of high-touch surfaces in school buildings.
- School buses will be disinfected after each morning and afternoon route.
- As a result of recent changes to the District's public health protocols, and their impact on accurate COVID-19 case counts, the District's COVID-19 Tracker will post weekly totals of all confirmed cases across the District.
- If a student exhibits COVID-19 related symptoms while in the school clinic, the nurse has the discretion to request the student to wear a mask and/or to be isolated in a designated area after being assessed by the nurse or waiting for parent pick-up.
- At the discretion of the principal, volunteers are allowed to enter the school and support the school. Volunteers are welcome on campus for afterschool activities and special school events. At the discretion of the principal, parents/guardians will be permitted to eat lunch with their child in the school cafeteria.