HOW TO APPLY
Go to the Application Login Screen and click on ‘Create Account’
What you need to know when applying for teaching positions in Cobb
- Monitor our vacancy list, new positions are added daily, to apply for positions you are interested in and qualified for.
- List all areas of certification from all states.
- Click here to view and apply for all positions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I lost my user ID and password, how do I get it back?
- Use the ‘Having Trouble Logging in?’ link.
- For additional Support:
What is the application/employment process?
- Apply Online
- All applications are reviewed to determine if the applicants meet the minimum requirements for the position(s) applied for.
- References are completed electronically with supervisors supplied by the applicant.
- Applicants are first reviewed based on their qualifications. If the applicant meets all qualifications, they are then referred to the principal or hiring manager.
- The principal or hiring manager then reviews the list of candidates and chooses the candidates who are the most qualified to interview. After the interviews, the administrator makes an employment recommendation to Human Resources. Due to the high volume of qualified applicants, not everyone will be granted an interview.
- If selected, you will be contacted by a HR Supervisor/Manager.
What is the status of my application?
To check the status of your application, log in to your account then go to the "Application Status" tab in Applicant Tracking Enterprise. Also, when the status of your application changes, you will be notified via email.
I applied for a job and haven't heard anything. Who should I contact?
Unfortunately, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to all applicants. Should your qualification match our staffing needs, we will contact you directly.
How do I become certified to teach?
The Georgia Professional Standards Commission is the licensing agency for the State of Georgia. To teach in a public school in Georgia, a certificate (license) is required. The Georgia Professional Standard Commission’s website is www.gapsc.com. Please access the website to acquire detailed information regarding certification requirements. Check Rules and Regulation under the certification drop-down menu. Cobb County accepts applications from candidates who hold or are eligible (completed all requirements, passed all tests by date of employment) for a professional, renewable certificate in Georgia or another state.
What are the GA TAPP Programs?
- GaTAPP is an acronym for the Georgia Teacher Academy for Preparation and Pedagogy.
- The GaTAPP Program provides various paths to Clear Renewable Certification based on an assessment of the Teacher-Candidate’s credentials, experiences, knowledge, skills, and dispositions.
- GaTAPP is utilized by the State of Georgia to help reduce Georgia's teacher shortage. The program is delivered by various PSC-approved program providers throughout Georgia.
- The program enables individuals with a bachelor’s degree or higher (who meet eligibility requirements for the program) to transition into the teaching profession. The program paths equip transition teachers with the skills necessary for initial success in their classrooms.
- For information on Alternative Certificate Programs, please go to Metro RESA here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The application window for GA TAPP through MRESA is usually the month of February.
Do you hire people holding non-renewable (provisional) certificates?
Beginning Fall 2006-07, Cobb County will accept applications from candidates who hold or are eligible for a non-renewable (provisional) certificate only in the areas of special education, math and science, foreign language and in other areas ONLY on an as needed basis. To be considered for possible vacancies, Special Education candidates must submit their passing GACE I scores or documentation verifying exemption AND present a letter of acceptance from a PSC approved College or University verifying acceptance into a special education program. Math and science candidates must submit their passing GACE I scores or documentation verifying exemption AND have achieved a passing score on the GACE content test in the area for which they are seeking employment.
How can I confirm my current supervisor has completed and returned the electronic reference form?
- Login to your applicant account.
- Click the "References" tab.
- If there is a "Yes" in the "Returned" column, the reference has been completed. If there is no "Yes," the reference has not been completed.