A council functions as an advisory body, offering input to the local school principal.
The district believes family and community engagement is critical to student and district success. The establishment of Principal Advisory Councils is intended to provide a means by which parents, community members, and school staff can work together to create a better understanding of, and mutual respect for, each other’s concerns and share ideas for school improvement.
- Two staff members (one being the current Teacher of the Year);
- Two parents (one being the current PTSA president);
- Two members of the community (one being a Partner in Education representative);
- In the case of high schools, the president of the student government organization or senior class president.
- Ashlynn Campbell - Principal
- Lucia Poole - Assistant Principal
- Madie Beckum - Student
- Lori Bruney - Community Member
- Danielle Crandall - Teacher
- Mark Hellman - Community Member
- Ashton Kapoor - Student
- Heather McBride - Co-PTSA President
- Jessica Mirth - Co-PTSA President
- Holly Reason - Teacher of the Year
All meetings are held from 7:30 to 8:15 a.m. in the Harrison Room. Meetings for the 2022–2023 school year are below:
- September 21, 2022
- November 9, 2022
- January 18, 2023
- March 8, 2023